See who else is attending and easily connect with them in a number of ways, including inviting them to a virtual chat or a roundtable discussion.
How do I find other attendees?
The attendee list for the conference lives in the Networking Lounge, found via the Network icon on the left-hand navigation. You can sort by relevance, which will pull people who have similar interests to you to the top of the list, or you can sort in alphabetical order.
To connect with an attendee, simply click on their profile and select Connect.
How do I network with attendees?
Once in the Networking Lounge, you can also engage in the following:
- View and search the Attendee Directory
- View Hello World! videos
- View Soap Box videos – These are short videos of shout outs to conference events and sessions; things you thought were well done that you think other people would benefit from seeing.
- Attend a Happy Hour.
To connect and begin networking:
Visit the attendee profile, and you have the option to connect, invite them to chat, or join a roundtable discussion.To chat:
visit an attendee's profile, make sure you are connected, and then click on the tab marked "Chat."To invite them to a roundtable:
visit their profile and click on "New Roundtable."
Setting up a New Roundtable/Boardroom
Roundtables and Boardrooms are video chats that can be used anytime with the Social27 system. They can be public or prFivate and may be set up by SIOR HQ, sponsors or exhibitors, and attendees.
There are two options for roundtables
1. Roundtable (Invite up to 5 attendees)
2. Boardroom (Invite up to 15 attendees)
When creating a meeting, you will be given three platforms to choose from to hold your meeting:
Teams, Zoom, or Social 27 (the conference platform)
To create a meeting:
- Choose Social 27.
- Select "Connect Account."
- You DO NOT need an account to have a meeting.
- All attendees automatically have a Social 27 account and will be taken to the next form to create the meeting.
- If you want to use your own personal Teams or Zoom accounts, select either option, click "Connect Account," and you will be prompted to sign into your Teams or Zoom account. This is optional.
Where to Set up a Roundtable
You have two ways to do this. Using the "Roundtable" left-hand Navigation Menu:
- Click on the Roundtable tab.
- Select the Create Meeting button on the upper right.
- Click on Social 27 and Connect Account.
- Complete the meeting info (topic, date/time/description/tag (areas of interest).
- Choose which meeting type.
- Select attendees by typing names on the line that says Attendee. It will auto-populate with options for you to choose.
- Choose whether your meeting is public or private. (Public meetings can be accessed by all attendees and will appear as an option for anyone to join in the Public Roundtable menu. Private roundtables will appear under "My Roundtable" and attendees must be personally invited."
- When ready, click Create Roundtable.
Inviting a specific attendee via their profile:
When viewing an attendee's profile, click New Roundtable
and then begin the same process as above. If you want to invite more people, search for additional attendees by typing on the Attendee
line. Invitations will appear in a person's Notifications
How to Join a Roundtable or Boardroom
1. Click on Roundtables
on the left-hand navigation menu.
2. There are Private Roundtables
, My Roundtables
, Sponsored Roundtables
, and Public Roundtables
3. Choose which roundtable you wish to join and click join. This saves you a seat.
4. To enter the roundtable, click on the three dots in the right-hand corner of the Roundtable box and click Launch
What is a Happy Hour?
Happy Hours are set for a specific date and time and have an overall topic in mind. Several will be focused on benefits available to SIOR members. We may also have some lobby bars set up as happy hours, so be sure to check those out. These will be informal video meet-ups to pop into and meet new friends and old!
To access a Happy Hour, simply visit the Networking Lounge at the appointed time and click on that Happy Hour.