The Society of Industrial and Office Realtors®
(SIOR), the world’s premier commercial real estate organization for industrial and office brokers, broke significant records in 2023.
There is a renewed energy and visibility surrounding SIOR today and the industry is taking notice.
Membership closed out the largest year in SIOR history for new members: 323 total. A key point worth noting, in the background of the last year, SIOR also raised its qualifications, making it more difficult to earn the elite designation.
Additionally, a few other records were set:
- SIOR now has a 97.2% retention rate – the highest in SIOR history.
- Record breaking support from sponsors and exhibitors led to a 45% increase in the last 18 months alone.
- There are now more than 1,000 SIOR office specialists in the world - the largest representation of this sector on record.
- SIOR achieved a 21% increase in female membership.
- We saw a 24% increase in new members under the age of 35.
- SIOR elevated the experiences and engagement at our conferences, achieving the 2nd largest conference attendance in our history with Chicago this Fall.
- 100% increase in the satisfaction rating of SIOR conference attendees
- New multi-year partnerships were established with CREW and REEC to help increase our voice in diversity.
- Rolling out an entirely new and more robust educational series in the coming year.
- SIOR ranked in the top CRE brands list by Lipsey - a first for SIOR.
An immense thank you goes to the Board of Directors and other dedicated leaders whose passion for our industry and this organization is evident in everything they do. If this is what we have accomplished in a short amount of time, imagine the possibilities as we look ahead!
To view SIOR's 2023 Annual Report and all of its remarkable accomplishments, click here.
About SIOR (www.sior.com)
For more than 80 years, the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors® (SIOR) has been the leading global commercial real estate association, and we continue to move the industry and our members' business forward as we drive the future of CRE. Only the industry’s top industrial and office professionals qualify for the SIOR designation, and members adhere to the highest levels of accountability and ethical standards. Today, there are nearly 3,900 SIOR members in 49 countries. Learn more at sior.com/whysior