Presidents' Award for Community Service
The purpose of the award is to honor an SIOR member who displays outstanding stewardship in their community or community at large through work with not for profit, charitable or similar organizations.
The award will be presented to the individual at an upcoming SIOR event. The recipient will receive an award and a contribution of $5,000 made out to the organization(s) of their choice with which they have been involved.
The nomination criteria are the following:
- Nominations may be submitted by a chapter or an individual member; chapters may submit more than one nomination, and self-nomination is permitted.
- Nominee must be an SIOR member in good standing.
- The organization must be a community service organization with a 501(c)3 or equivalent status.
- Contributions within the real estate industry shall be considered but are not to be a major factor. Political activity is specifically excluded.
- Only completed nomination forms and all corresponding attachments submitted by 2024 will be considered.
The judging will be made by a selection committee made up of three (3) SIOR Past Presidents, the SIOR Vice President, the Speaker of the Chapter Leadership Council (CLC), a member at large nominated by the Executive Committee, and the immediate past recipient of the award.
If questions, please contact Ying-Ying Chow at email@example.com.
Jeff Johnson 2020 “Bite2Go”- Second Harvest
James E. Spittler, Jr. 2014 Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado
Mark C. Irvin 2012 Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson
Eric A. Northbrook 2009 “Head North” Foundation
H. Michael Graham 2007 Habitat for Humanity
Robert W. Merrick 2005 American Red Cross